Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified AptarGroup as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ATR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.9 million.
- ATR has traded 3,937 shares today.
- ATR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ATR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ATR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ATR:
AptarGroup, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells consumer product dispensing systems worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Beauty + Home, Pharma, and Food + Beverage. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. ATR has a PE ratio of 24. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate AptarGroup a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for AptarGroup has been 275,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. AptarGroup has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.06 and a short float of 3.3% with 6.90 days to cover. Shares are up 7.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates AptarGroup as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- APTARGROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 13.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, APTARGROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.86 versus $2.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.95 versus $2.86).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Containers & Packaging industry average. The net income increased by 8.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $53.08 million to $57.54 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.74, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, ATR has a quick ratio of 2.23, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 36.85% is the gross profit margin for APTARGROUP INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.68% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full AptarGroup Ratings Report.