Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Alliant Energy Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LNT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $35.0 million.
- LNT has traded 4,467 shares today.
- LNT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LNT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LNT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on LNT:
Alliant Energy Corporation, a utility holding company, provides regulated electricity and natural gas services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers in the Midwest region of the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. LNT has a PE ratio of 16.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Alliant Energy Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Alliant Energy Corporation has been 487,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Alliant Energy has a market cap of $6.2 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.42 and a short float of 1.2% with 2.28 days to cover. Shares are up 8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Alliant Energy Corporation as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Multi-Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ALLIANT ENERGY CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- ALLIANT ENERGY CORP's earnings per share declined by 6.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALLIANT ENERGY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.28 versus $2.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.40 versus $3.28).
- You can view the full Alliant Energy Corporation Ratings Report.