Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Xcel Energy as such a stock due to the following factors:
- XEL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $100.5 million.
- XEL has traded 924 shares today.
- XEL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XEL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XEL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on XEL:
Xcel Energy Inc., through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity in the United States. It operates through Regulated Electric Utility, Regulated Natural Gas Utility, and All Other segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.5%. XEL has a PE ratio of 17.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Xcel Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Xcel Energy has been 3.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Xcel Energy has a market cap of $17.3 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.31 and a short float of 2.6% with 4.51 days to cover. Shares are up 24.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Xcel Energy as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, attractive valuation levels and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, XEL's share price has jumped by 26.77%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, XEL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- XCEL ENERGY INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, XCEL ENERGY INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.91 versus $1.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.00 versus $1.91).
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $964.83 million or 3.89% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, XCEL ENERGY INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 19.74%.
- You can view the full Xcel Energy Ratings Report.