Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified United Parcel Service as such a stock due to the following factors:
- UPS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $419.6 million.
- UPS has traded 22,489 shares today.
- UPS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UPS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UPS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on UPS:
United Parcel Service, Inc., a package delivery company, provides transportation, logistics, and financial services in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: U.S. Domestic Package, International Package, and Supply Chain & Freight. The U.S. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. UPS has a PE ratio of 26.7. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate United Parcel Service a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.
The average volume for United Parcel Service has been 3.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. United Parcel Service has a market cap of $75.3 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.86 and a short float of 1.9% with 3.16 days to cover. Shares are up 1.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates United Parcel Service as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- UPS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- UNITED PARCEL SERVICE INC has improved earnings per share by 13.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, UNITED PARCEL SERVICE INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.62 versus $0.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.96 versus $4.62).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Air Freight & Logistics industry and the overall market, UNITED PARCEL SERVICE INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2,359.00 million or 44.81% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 27.91%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Air Freight & Logistics industry average. The net income increased by 10.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,097.00 million to $1,214.00 million.
- You can view the full United Parcel Service Ratings Report.