Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified TJX Companies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TJX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $227.9 million.
- TJX has traded 28,438 shares today.
- TJX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TJX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TJX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TJX:
The TJX Companies, Inc. operates as an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the United States and internationally. It operates through four segments: Marmaxx, HomeGoods, TJX Canada, and TJX Europe. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. TJX has a PE ratio of 23. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate TJX Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for TJX Companies has been 3.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. TJX Companies has a market cap of $51.6 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. Shares are up 9.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates TJX Companies as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, TJX COMPANIES INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- TJX COMPANIES INC has improved earnings per share by 6.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TJX COMPANIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.34 versus $3.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.42 versus $3.34).
- You can view the full TJX Companies Ratings Report.