Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified O'Reilly Automotive as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ORLY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $83.1 million.
- ORLY has traded 8,574 shares today.
- ORLY is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ORLY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ORLY NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ORLY:
O'Reilly Automotive, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the retail of automotive aftermarket parts, tools, supplies, equipment, and accessories in the United States. ORLY has a PE ratio of 23.5. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate O'Reilly Automotive a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for O'Reilly Automotive has been 624,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. O'Reilly Automotive has a market cap of $16.1 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.40 and a short float of 3.9% with 7.61 days to cover. Shares are up 20% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates O'Reilly Automotive as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ORLY's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC has improved earnings per share by 20.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.03 versus $4.75 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.15 versus $6.03).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 16.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $177.13 million to $205.65 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC is rather high; currently it is at 54.05%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 11.13% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full O'Reilly Automotive Ratings Report.