Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified NiSource as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $95.9 million.
- NI has traded 36,778 shares today.
- NI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on NI:
NiSource Inc., an energy holding company, provides natural gas, electricity, and other products and services in the United States. It operates through two segments, Gas Distribution Operations and Electric Operations. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. NI has a PE ratio of 42. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate NiSource a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for NiSource has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NiSource has a market cap of $7.9 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.39 and a short float of 2.8% with 2.87 days to cover. Shares are up 28.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates NiSource as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- 35.79% is the gross profit margin for NISOURCE INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.50% trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, NI's share price has jumped by 33.79%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- NISOURCE INC's earnings per share declined by 5.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NISOURCE INC reported lower earnings of $0.57 versus $0.81 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.06 versus $0.57).
- NI, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 22.4%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Multi-Utilities industry and the overall market, NISOURCE INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full NiSource Ratings Report.