Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Mid-America Apartment Communities as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MAA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.3 million.
- MAA has traded 3,928 shares today.
- MAA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MAA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MAA NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MAA:
Mid-America Apartment Communities, Inc. is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It is engaged in acquisition, redevelopment, new development, property management, and disposition of multifamily apartment communities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.5%. MAA has a PE ratio of 2. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Mid-America Apartment Communities a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Mid-America Apartment Communities has been 562,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Mid-America Apartment has a market cap of $6.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.23 and a short float of 2.3% with 3.61 days to cover. Shares are up 17.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Mid-America Apartment Communities as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and reasonable valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- MID-AMERICA APT CMNTYS INC has improved earnings per share by 37.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MID-AMERICA APT CMNTYS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.89 versus $0.99 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.95 versus $1.89).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 37.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $66.98 million to $91.73 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- You can view the full Mid-America Apartment Communities Ratings Report.