Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Illumina as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ILMN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $349.7 million.
- ILMN has traded 48,232 shares today.
- ILMN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ILMN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ILMN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ILMN:
Illumina, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function in North America, Europe, Latin America, the Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, and South Africa. ILMN has a PE ratio of 102.7. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Illumina a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Illumina has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Illumina has a market cap of $28.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.31 and a short float of 2.4% with 1.37 days to cover. Shares are up 9.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Illumina as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ILMN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 25.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry and the overall market, ILLUMINA INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ILLUMINA INC is currently very high, coming in at 76.11%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 19.45% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 75.14% to $145.61 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 26.84%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry. The net income increased by 198.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $31.36 million to $93.49 million.
- You can view the full Illumina Ratings Report.