Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Idexx Laboratories as such a stock due to the following factors:
- IDXX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.0 million.
- IDXX has traded 6,942 shares today.
- IDXX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IDXX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IDXX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on IDXX:
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. develops, manufactures, and distributes products and services primarily for the companion animal veterinary, livestock and poultry, water testing, and dairy markets worldwide. IDXX has a PE ratio of 36.7. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Idexx Laboratories a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Idexx Laboratories has been 264,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Idexx has a market cap of $6.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.79 and a short float of 6.2% with 10.39 days to cover. Shares are up 24% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Idexx Laboratories as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- IDXX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- IDEXX LABS INC has improved earnings per share by 9.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, IDEXX LABS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.48 versus $3.17 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.84 versus $3.48).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 3.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $44.86 million to $46.59 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, IDEXX LABS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for IDEXX LABS INC is rather high; currently it is at 59.82%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.93% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Idexx Laboratories Ratings Report.