Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Hanesbrands as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HBI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $63.1 million.
- HBI has traded 51,129 shares today.
- HBI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HBI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HBI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HBI:
Hanesbrands Inc., a consumer goods company, designs, manufactures, sources, and sells various basic apparels primarily in the United States. The company operates in four segments: Innerwear, Activewear, Direct to Consumer, and International. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. HBI has a PE ratio of 23.4. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Hanesbrands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Hanesbrands has been 720,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Hanesbrands has a market cap of $7.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.28 and a short float of 3.1% with 3.49 days to cover. Shares are up 7.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Hanesbrands as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, HBI's share price has jumped by 80.50%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HBI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 14.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, HANESBRANDS INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $334.30 million or 39.58% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HANESBRANDS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -38.35%.
- HANESBRANDS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HANESBRANDS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.25 versus $2.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.72 versus $3.25).
- You can view the full Hanesbrands Ratings Report.