Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Grupo Televisa SAB as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.1 million.
- TV has traded 900 shares today.
- TV is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TV NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TV:
Grupo Televisa, S.A.B. operates as a media company. It operates through five segments: Content, Publishing, Sky, Telecommunications, and Other Businesses. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. TV has a PE ratio of 21.2. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Grupo Televisa SAB a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Grupo Televisa SAB has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Grupo Televisa SAB has a market cap of $19.1 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. Shares are up 11.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Grupo Televisa SAB as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TV's revenue growth trails the industry average of 14.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.93, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.08, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $429.25 million or 49.11% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.21%.
- The gross profit margin for GRUPO TELEVISA SAB is rather high; currently it is at 56.50%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.04% trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, TV's share price has jumped by 30.00%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Grupo Televisa SAB Ratings Report.