Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Cardinal Health as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CAH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $191.5 million.
- CAH has traded 17,896 shares today.
- CAH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CAH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CAH NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CAH:
Cardinal Health, Inc., a healthcare services company, provides pharmaceutical and medical products and services in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two segments, Pharmaceutical and Medical. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. CAH has a PE ratio of 21.9. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Cardinal Health a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Cardinal Health has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cardinal Health has a market cap of $25.7 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of 0.46 and a short float of 1.4% with 1.75 days to cover. Shares are up 15.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Cardinal Health as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 139.53% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 39.48% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- CARDINAL HEALTH INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CARDINAL HEALTH INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.37 versus $0.95 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.23 versus $3.37).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 139.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$586.00 million to $234.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, CARDINAL HEALTH INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 138.66% to $716.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CARDINAL HEALTH INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.46%.
- You can view the full Cardinal Health Ratings Report.