Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified UGI as such a stock due to the following factors:
- UGI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.6 million.
- UGI has traded 10,958 shares today.
- UGI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UGI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UGI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on UGI:
UGI Corporation distributes, stores, transports, and markets energy products and related services in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. UGI has a PE ratio of 18. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates UGI a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for UGI has been 963,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. UGI has a market cap of $7.5 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.70 and a short float of 2% with 2.30 days to cover. Shares are up 28.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates UGI as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- 36.36% is the gross profit margin for UGI CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.82% trails the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Gas Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, UGI CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- UGI CORP' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UGI CORP reported lower earnings of $1.60 versus $1.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.98 versus $1.60).
- You can view the full UGI Ratings Report.