Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Sirona Dental Systems as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SIRO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.7 million.
- SIRO has traded 3,666 shares today.
- SIRO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SIRO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SIRO NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SIRO:
Sirona Dental Systems, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets dental equipment for dentists worldwide. It operates in four segments: Dental CAD/CAM Systems, Imaging Systems, Treatment Centers, and Instruments. SIRO has a PE ratio of 27.4. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Sirona Dental Systems a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Sirona Dental Systems has been 409,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sirona Dental Systems has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.40 and a short float of 6.8% with 6.44 days to cover. Shares are up 19.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Sirona Dental Systems as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- SIRONA DENTAL SYSTEMS INC has improved earnings per share by 27.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SIRONA DENTAL SYSTEMS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.61 versus $2.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.65 versus $2.61).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 27.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $40.55 million to $51.50 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SIRO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.06 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SIRO has a quick ratio of 1.93, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Sirona Dental Systems Ratings Report.