Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Shire as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SHPG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $195.4 million.
- SHPG has traded 13,401 shares today.
- SHPG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SHPG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SHPG NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SHPG:
Shire plc, a biopharmaceutical company, together with its subsidiaries, researches, develops, licenses, manufactures, markets, distributes, and sells pharmaceutical products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. SHPG has a PE ratio of 69. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Shire a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Shire has been 521,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Shire has a market cap of $50.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 21.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Shire as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SHPG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, SHIRE PLC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SHIRE PLC is currently very high, coming in at 86.71%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.24% trails the industry average.
- SHPG's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.25 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.29 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- You can view the full Shire Ratings Report.