Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified PolyOne as such a stock due to the following factors:
- POL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.7 million.
- POL has traded 22,542 shares today.
- POL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in POL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for POL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on POL:
PolyOne Corporation provides specialized polymer materials, services, and solutions with operations in specialty polymer formulations, color and additive systems, plastic sheet and packaging solutions, and polymer distribution. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. POL has a PE ratio of 34.6. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate PolyOne a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for PolyOne has been 868,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. PolyOne has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 1.36 and a short float of 4.4% with 7.31 days to cover. Shares are up 13.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates PolyOne as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 11.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 25.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- POLYONE CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, POLYONE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.97 versus $0.60 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.80 versus $0.97).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income increased by 92.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.30 million to $29.40 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 158.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 51.83% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$74.90 million or 18.14% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, POLYONE CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 37.62%.
- You can view the full PolyOne Ratings Report.