Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified NextEra Energy as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NEE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $248.3 million.
- NEE has traded 40,253 shares today.
- NEE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NEE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NEE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on NEE:
NextEra Energy, Inc., through its subsidiaries, generates, transmits, distributes, and sells electric energy in the United States and Canada. The company generates electricity from gas, oil, solar, coal, petroleum coke, and nuclear sources. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. NEE has a PE ratio of 24.6. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate NextEra Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for NextEra Energy has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NextEra Energy has a market cap of $47.8 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.33 and a short float of 2.2% with 4.37 days to cover. Shares are up 3.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates NextEra Energy as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NEE's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,520.00 million or 33.33% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 19.44%.
- 41.81% is the gross profit margin for NEXTERA ENERGY INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 14.18% trails the industry average.
- NEXTERA ENERGY INC's earnings per share declined by 8.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NEXTERA ENERGY INC reported lower earnings of $3.93 versus $4.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.30 versus $3.93).
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full NextEra Energy Ratings Report.