Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Netgear as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NTGR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.0 million.
- NTGR has traded 27,603 shares today.
- NTGR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NTGR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NTGR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on NTGR:
NETGEAR, Inc. provides networking products to consumers, businesses, and service providers. The company operates in three segments: Retail, Commercial, and Service Provider. The Retail segment offers home networking, home video security, storage, and digital media products. NTGR has a PE ratio of 2. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Netgear a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Netgear has been 282,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Netgear has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 1.69 and a short float of 5.3% with 5.09 days to cover. Shares are up 17.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Netgear as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NTGR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NTGR has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, NTGR has a quick ratio of 2.01, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 117.39% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 69.07% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- NETGEAR INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NETGEAR INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.47 versus $0.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.83 versus $1.47).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income increased by 107.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $8.01 million to $16.59 million.
- You can view the full Netgear Ratings Report.