Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Moody's Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MCO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $111.6 million.
- MCO has traded 800 shares today.
- MCO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MCO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MCO NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MCO:
Moody's Corporation provides credit ratings; and credit, capital markets, and economic related research, data, and analytical tools worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. MCO has a PE ratio of 22.1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Moody's Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Moody's Corporation has been 981,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Moody's has a market cap of $20.7 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.58 and a short float of 3.3% with 5.49 days to cover. Shares are up 24.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Moody's Corporation as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MCO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 32.43% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MCO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MOODY'S CORP has improved earnings per share by 20.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MOODY'S CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.60 versus $3.03 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.03 versus $3.60).
- The gross profit margin for MOODY'S CORP is currently very high, coming in at 71.00%. Regardless of MCO's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MCO's net profit margin of 26.36% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full Moody's Corporation Ratings Report.