Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Jack In The Box as such a stock due to the following factors:
- JACK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.3 million.
- JACK has traded 320,765 shares today.
- JACK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JACK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JACK NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on JACK:
Jack in the Box Inc., a restaurant company, operates and franchises Jack in the Box quick-service restaurants and Qdoba Mexican Grill fast-casual restaurants in the United States. As of July 7, 2013, it had 2,255 Jack in the Box restaurants and 592 Qdoba restaurants. JACK has a PE ratio of 27.7. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Jack In The Box a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Jack In The Box has been 284,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Jack In The Box has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.35 and a short float of 2.1% with 2.85 days to cover. Shares are up 56% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Jack In The Box as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 35.71% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 77.92% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, JACK should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $45.68 million or 8.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -14.88%.
- JACK IN THE BOX INC has improved earnings per share by 35.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JACK IN THE BOX INC reported lower earnings of $1.48 versus $1.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.76 versus $1.48).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.91, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.24 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- You can view the full Jack In The Box Ratings Report.