Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Finish Line as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FINL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.7 million.
- FINL has traded 460,762 shares today.
- FINL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FINL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FINL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on FINL:
The Finish Line, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a mall-based specialty retailer in the United States. It operates Finish Line stores that offer performance and athletic casual shoes, as well as apparel and accessories for men, women, and kids. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. FINL has a PE ratio of 19.8. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Finish Line a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Finish Line has been 649,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Finish Line has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.48 and a short float of 10.7% with 6.24 days to cover. Shares are up 37.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Finish Line as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, this stock has enjoyed a nice rise of 32.24% which was in line with the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, FINL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- FINL has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.27, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 59.42% to $40.99 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 30.51%.
- You can view the full Finish Line Ratings Report.