Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Federal Realty Investment as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FRT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $50.6 million.
- FRT has traded 5,251 shares today.
- FRT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FRT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FRT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on FRT:
Federal Realty Investment Trust operates as a real estate investment trust, which engages in the ownership, management, development, and redevelopment of retail and mixed-use properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. FRT has a PE ratio of 59.3. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Federal Realty Investment a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Federal Realty Investment has been 377,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Federal Realty Investment has a market cap of $9.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.41 and a short float of 5.2% with 6.73 days to cover. Shares are up 35% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Federal Realty Investment as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 31.65% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, FRT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TR has improved earnings per share by 21.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TR reported lower earnings of $2.08 versus $2.32 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.51 versus $2.08).
- 39.72% is the gross profit margin for FEDERAL REALTY INVESTMENT TR which we consider to be strong. Regardless of FRT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, FRT's net profit margin of 27.46% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $69.78 million or 12.81% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Federal Realty Investment Ratings Report.