Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Emergent BioSolutions as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EBS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.2 million.
- EBS has traded 6,376 shares today.
- EBS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EBS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EBS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on EBS:
Emergent BioSolutions, Inc., a specialty biopharmaceutical company, develops, manufactures, and sells specialized products to healthcare providers and governments in the United States and internationally. EBS has a PE ratio of 18. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Emergent BioSolutions a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Emergent BioSolutions has been 458,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Emergent BioSolutions has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.19 and a short float of 10.1% with 7.34 days to cover. Shares are up 7.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Emergent BioSolutions as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EBS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 17.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 74.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.37, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.58, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 117.54% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 41.80% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, EBS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EMERGENT BIOSOLUTIONS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.25 versus $0.73 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.64 versus $1.25).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 118.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$21.52 million to $3.99 million.
- You can view the full Emergent BioSolutions Ratings Report.