Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Dorman Products as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DORM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.6 million.
- DORM has traded 343,066 shares today.
- DORM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DORM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DORM NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on DORM:
Dorman Products, Inc. supplies automotive replacement parts, fasteners, and service line products primarily for the automotive aftermarket and mass merchandise markets. DORM has a PE ratio of 26.3. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Dorman Products a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Dorman Products has been 166,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Dorman has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 0.53 and a short float of 8.1% with 7.73 days to cover. Shares are up 55.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Dorman Products as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DORM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- DORM has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.92, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- DORMAN PRODUCTS INC has improved earnings per share by 14.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DORMAN PRODUCTS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.82 versus $1.54 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.21 versus $1.82).
- 40.68% is the gross profit margin for DORMAN PRODUCTS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.86% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 199.24% to $15.53 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DORMAN PRODUCTS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.81%.
- You can view the full Dorman Products Ratings Report.