Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified DENTSPLY International as such a stock due to the following factors:
- XRAY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $41.3 million.
- XRAY has traded 6,429 shares today.
- XRAY is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XRAY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XRAY NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on XRAY:
DENTSPLY International Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and markets various consumable dental products for the professional dental market worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. XRAY has a PE ratio of 24.6. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate DENTSPLY International a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for DENTSPLY International has been 784,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. DENTSPLY International has a market cap of $7.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.16 and a short float of 5.1% with 7.98 days to cover. Shares are up 10.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates DENTSPLY International as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $147.54 million or 16.72% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -22.95%.
- The gross profit margin for DENTSPLY INTERNATL INC is rather high; currently it is at 59.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.62% trails the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full DENTSPLY International Ratings Report.