Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Chimerix as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CMRX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.0 million.
- CMRX has traded 6,650 shares today.
- CMRX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CMRX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CMRX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CMRX:
Chimerix, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes novel, oral antivirals to address unmet medical needs in the United States. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Chimerix a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Chimerix has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Chimerix has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 142.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Chimerix as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CMRX's revenue growth trails the industry average of 40.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 29.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- CMRX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.03 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 11.46, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, CHIMERIX INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- CHIMERIX INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 21.0% in earnings (-$1.76 versus -$1.45).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 152.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$6.71 million to -$16.95 million.
- You can view the full Chimerix Ratings Report.