Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified AmerisourceBergen as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ABC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $178.3 million.
- ABC has traded 3,360 shares today.
- ABC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ABC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ABC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ABC:
AmerisourceBergen Corporation sources and distributes pharmaceutical products to healthcare providers, pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturers, and specialty drug patients in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. ABC has a PE ratio of 66.5. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate AmerisourceBergen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for AmerisourceBergen has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. AmerisourceBergen has a market cap of $17.4 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of 0.73 and a short float of 3.2% with 3.32 days to cover. Shares are up 11.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates AmerisourceBergen as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 19.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 38.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 589.36% to $519.84 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AMERISOURCEBERGEN CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.46%.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 107.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $168.44 million to -$12.78 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.00 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.45, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full AmerisourceBergen Ratings Report.