Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Wolverine World Wide as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WWW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.0 million.
- WWW has traded 614,554 shares today.
- WWW is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WWW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WWW NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on WWW:
Wolverine World Wide, Inc. designs, manufactures, sources, and markets branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. WWW has a PE ratio of 34.7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Wolverine World Wide a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Wolverine World Wide has been 969,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Wolverine World Wide has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.74 and a short float of 8.1% with 14.72 days to cover. Shares are up 50.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Wolverine World Wide as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WWW's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 103.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry. The net income increased by 66.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $32.73 million to $54.40 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 650.55% to $37.90 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WOLVERINE WORLD WIDE has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.35%.
- 41.50% is the gross profit margin for WOLVERINE WORLD WIDE which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.59% trails the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 63.63% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 51.01% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Wolverine World Wide Ratings Report.