Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Williams-Sonoma as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WSM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $47.2 million.
- WSM has traded 11,242 shares today.
- WSM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WSM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WSM NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on WSM:
Williams-Sonoma Inc. operates as a multi-channel specialty retailer of home products. The company operates in two segments, Direct-to-Customer and Retail. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. WSM has a PE ratio of 24.0. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Williams-Sonoma a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Williams-Sonoma has been 842,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Williams-Sonoma has a market cap of $6.5 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 4.3% with 6.03 days to cover. Shares are up 19.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Williams-Sonoma as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC has improved earnings per share by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.85 versus $2.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.20 versus $2.85).
- 41.78% is the gross profit margin for WILLIAMS-SONOMA INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.73% trails the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Specialty Retail industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 17.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $39.47 million to $46.16 million.
- You can view the full Williams-Sonoma Ratings Report.