Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Walt Disney as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DIS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $638.6 million.
- DIS has traded 191,845 shares today.
- DIS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DIS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DIS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on DIS:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an entertainment company worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Media Networks, Parks and Resorts, Studio Entertainment, Consumer Products, and Interactive. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. DIS has a PE ratio of 25. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Walt Disney a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Walt Disney has been 6.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Walt Disney has a market cap of $201.0 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.41 and a short float of 2.6% with 8.40 days to cover. Shares are up 27.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Walt Disney as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DIS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- DISNEY (WALT) CO has improved earnings per share by 13.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DISNEY (WALT) CO increased its bottom line by earning $4.25 versus $3.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.05 versus $4.25).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Media industry average. The net income increased by 10.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,917.00 million to $2,108.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, DISNEY (WALT) CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2,918.00 million or 15.47% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DISNEY (WALT) CO has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.98%.
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.