Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified US Silica Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SLCA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.0 million.
- SLCA has traded 25,757 shares today.
- SLCA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SLCA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SLCA NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SLCA:
U.S. Silica Holdings, Inc. produces and sells commercial silica in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Oil & Gas Proppants, and Industrial & Specialty Products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. SLCA has a PE ratio of 34.8. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate US Silica Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for US Silica Holdings has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. US Silica has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 3.46 and a short float of 10.5% with 4.49 days to cover. Shares are up 44% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates US Silica Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 47.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 716.99% to $30.31 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, U S SILICA HOLDINGS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -24.04%.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 115.41% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- U S SILICA HOLDINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 6.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, U S SILICA HOLDINGS INC reported lower earnings of $1.41 versus $1.50 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.93 versus $1.41).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income increased by 6.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $17.28 million to $18.37 million.
- You can view the full US Silica Holdings Ratings Report.