Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Tyson Foods as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TSN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $136.1 million.
- TSN has traded 2,611 shares today.
- TSN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TSN:
Tyson Foods, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, produces, distributes, and markets chicken, beef, pork, prepared foods, and related allied products worldwide. It operates in four segments: Chicken, Beef, Pork, and Prepared Foods. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. TSN has a PE ratio of 16.7. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Tyson Foods a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Tyson Foods has been 3.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tyson has a market cap of $11.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.27 and a short float of 9.2% with 7.80 days to cover. Shares are up 28.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Tyson Foods as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TSN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 46.93% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 75.62% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TSN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- TYSON FOODS INC has improved earnings per share by 46.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TYSON FOODS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.32 versus $1.68 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.90 versus $2.32).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry. The net income increased by 46.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $173.00 million to $254.00 million.
- You can view the full Tyson Foods Ratings Report.