Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Teleflex as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TFX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $57.7 million.
- TFX has traded 7,269 shares today.
- TFX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TFX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TFX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TFX:
Teleflex Incorporated designs, develops, manufactures, and supplies single-use medical devices for common diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in critical care and surgical applications worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. TFX has a PE ratio of 31. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Teleflex a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Teleflex has been 322,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Teleflex has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.14 and a short float of 7.7% with 6.88 days to cover. Shares are up 11.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Teleflex as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- TELEFLEX INC has improved earnings per share by 7.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TELEFLEX INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.09 versus $3.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.25 versus $4.09).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $41.23 million or 27.12% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -10.82%.
- The gross profit margin for TELEFLEX INC is rather high; currently it is at 57.56%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, TFX's net profit margin of 8.93% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Teleflex Ratings Report.