Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified SunCoke Energy as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SXC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.0 million.
- SXC has traded 379,916 shares today.
- SXC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SXC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SXC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SXC:
SunCoke Energy, Inc. engages in mining and producing coke in the Americas. It offers metallurgical and thermal coal for steel making processes. The company was incorporated in 2010 and is headquartered in Lisle, Illinois. As of July 21, 2011, SunCoke Energy, Inc. SXC has a PE ratio of 37.7. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate SunCoke Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for SunCoke Energy has been 461,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. SunCoke Energy has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 1.97 and a short float of 2.5% with 5.15 days to cover. Shares are up 42.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates SunCoke Energy as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 84.26% to -$1.40 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SUNCOKE ENERGY INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -29.24%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SXC's share price has jumped by 35.98%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- SXC, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 3.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 18.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- SUNCOKE ENERGY INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SUNCOKE ENERGY INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.40 versus $0.87 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 67.8% in earnings ($0.45 versus $1.40).
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.22 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, SXC has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 1.73, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full SunCoke Energy Ratings Report.