Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Nu Skin as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NUS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $250.4 million.
- NUS has traded 1.1 million shares today.
- NUS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NUS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NUS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on NUS:
Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. develops and distributes anti-aging personal care products and nutritional supplements under the Nu Skin and Pharmanex brands worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. NUS has a PE ratio of 23.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Nu Skin a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Nu Skin has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nu Skin has a market cap of $5.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.31 and a short float of 3.2% with 0.76 days to cover. Shares are up 154.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Nu Skin as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NUS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 2.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 76.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 106.89% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 174.91% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, NUS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- NU SKIN ENTERPRISES reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NU SKIN ENTERPRISES increased its bottom line by earning $3.52 versus $2.37 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.82 versus $3.52).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Personal Products industry. The net income increased by 104.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $54.18 million to $110.90 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Personal Products industry and the overall market, NU SKIN ENTERPRISES's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Nu Skin Ratings Report.