Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Middleby Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MIDD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.2 million.
- MIDD has traded 61,740 shares today.
- MIDD is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MIDD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MIDD NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MIDD:
The Middleby Corporation designs, manufactures, markets, distributes, and services commercial foodservice and food processing equipment in the United States, Canada, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America. MIDD has a PE ratio of 30.4. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Middleby Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Middleby Corporation has been 91,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Middleby has a market cap of $4.1 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.00 and a short float of 3.1% with 7.41 days to cover. Shares are up 66.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Middleby Corporation as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 17.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 39.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 76.37% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- MIDDLEBY CORP has improved earnings per share by 19.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MIDDLEBY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $6.50 versus $5.16 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.00 versus $6.50).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Machinery industry average. The net income increased by 19.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $31.05 million to $37.16 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.85, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.84 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Middleby Corporation Ratings Report.