Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Knight Transportation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- KNX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.6 million.
- KNX has traded 1,400 shares today.
- KNX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KNX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KNX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on KNX:
Knight Transportation, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a short to medium-haul truckload carrier of general commodities primarily in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Asset-Based and Non-Asset-Based. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. KNX has a PE ratio of 26.2. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Knight Transportation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Knight Transportation has been 729,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Knight Transportation has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.68 and a short float of 9.4% with 7.90 days to cover. Shares are up 18.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Knight Transportation as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 35.43% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, KNX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC has improved earnings per share by 13.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.87 versus $0.80 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.98 versus $0.87).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- KNX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.07 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, KNX has a quick ratio of 1.89, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Knight Transportation Ratings Report.