Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified John Bean Technologies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- JBT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.8 million.
- JBT has traded 26,627 shares today.
- JBT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JBT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JBT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on JBT:
John Bean Technologies Corporation designs, manufactures, tests, and services products and systems for food processing and air transportation industries. It operates through JBT FoodTech and JBT AeroTech segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. JBT has a PE ratio of 28. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates John Bean Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for John Bean Technologies has been 158,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. John Bean has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.54 and a short float of 3.1% with 5.40 days to cover. Shares are down 9.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates John Bean Technologies as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, compelling growth in net income, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 21.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market, JOHN BEAN TECHNOLOGIES's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income increased by 40.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $9.00 million to $12.60 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 43.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 28.16% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- JOHN BEAN TECHNOLOGIES has improved earnings per share by 43.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JOHN BEAN TECHNOLOGIES reported lower earnings of $1.03 versus $1.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.80 versus $1.03).
- You can view the full John Bean Technologies Ratings Report.