Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Ingredion as such a stock due to the following factors:
- INGR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.1 million.
- INGR has traded 396 shares today.
- INGR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in INGR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for INGR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on INGR:
Ingredion Incorporated, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells starch, sweetener, and nutrition ingredients to various industries. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. INGR has a PE ratio of 17.1. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Ingredion a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Ingredion has been 455,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ingredion has a market cap of $5.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 1.47 and a short float of 1.8% with 2.73 days to cover. Shares are up 13.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Ingredion as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.72, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, INGR has a quick ratio of 1.91, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 503.33% to $121.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, INGREDION INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -15.42%.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- INGREDION INC's earnings per share declined by 31.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INGREDION INC reported lower earnings of $5.06 versus $5.48 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.52 versus $5.06).
- You can view the full Ingredion Ratings Report.