Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Impax Laboratories as such a stock due to the following factors:
- IPXL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.0 million.
- IPXL has traded 31,202 shares today.
- IPXL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IPXL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IPXL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on IPXL:
Impax Laboratories, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, develops, manufactures, and markets bioequivalent pharmaceutical products; and develops and markets branded products. The company operates through two segments, Global Pharmaceuticals Division and Impax Pharmaceutical Division. IPXL has a PE ratio of 44.8. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Impax Laboratories a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Impax Laboratories has been 581,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Impax has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.73 and a short float of 12% with 12.58 days to cover. Shares are up 20.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Impax Laboratories as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- IPXL has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.50, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 8842.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$0.18 million to $15.74 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 415.27% to $41.52 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, IMPAX LABORATORIES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -19.99%.
- The gross profit margin for IMPAX LABORATORIES INC is rather high; currently it is at 58.24%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.96% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Impax Laboratories Ratings Report.