Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Hyperion Therapeutics as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HPTX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.8 million.
- HPTX has traded 452,478 shares today.
- HPTX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HPTX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HPTX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HPTX:
Hyperion Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of therapeutics to treat orphan diseases in the United states, Canada, and internationally. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Hyperion Therapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Hyperion Therapeutics has been 244,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Hyperion has a market cap of $869.8 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.66 and a short float of 7.5% with 0.95 days to cover. Shares are up 75.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Hyperion Therapeutics as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HPTX's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 34.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 65.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- HPTX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.14 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.00, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1500.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 36.87% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HPTX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 1413.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.47 million to $7.10 million.
- HYPERION THERAPEUTICS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HYPERION THERAPEUTICS INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.37 versus $0.68 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.73 versus -$0.37).
- You can view the full Hyperion Therapeutics Ratings Report.