Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified HCI Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HCI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.3 million.
- HCI has traded 2,798 shares today.
- HCI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HCI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HCI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HCI:
HCI Group, Inc. provides property and casualty insurance products in Florida. It operates through Insurance Operations and Other Operations segments. The company offers property and casualty insurance to homeowners, condominium owners, and tenants. Currently there are no analysts that rate HCI Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for HCI Group has been 211,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. HCI Group has a market cap of $603.9 million and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.83 and a short float of 23.2% with 11.38 days to cover.
rates HCI Group as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HCI's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 73.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although HCI's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.24 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market, HCI GROUP INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 41.92% is the gross profit margin for HCI GROUP INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 24.46% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 318.51% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 131.00% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HCI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- You can view the full HCI Group Ratings Report.