Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified HCC Insurance Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HCC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.1 million.
- HCC has traded 244,375 shares today.
- HCC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HCC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HCC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HCC:
HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. underwrites non-correlated specialty insurance products worldwide. The company operates in five segments: U.S. Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Accident and Health, U.S. Surety and Credit, and International. The U.S. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. HCC has a PE ratio of 11.4. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate HCC Insurance Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for HCC Insurance Holdings has been 339,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. HCC has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.51 and a short float of 0.7% with 2.73 days to cover. Shares are up 23.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates HCC Insurance Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, notable return on equity, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, HCC is up 26.27% to its most recent closing price of 45.80. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization.
- HCC's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.18 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- The net income has decreased by 8.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $107.06 million to $98.18 million.
- You can view the full HCC Insurance Holdings Ratings Report.