Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Franco-Nevada as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FNV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $148.6 million.
- FNV has traded 168,835 shares today.
- FNV is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FNV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FNV NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on FNV:
Franco-Nevada Corporation operates as a gold-focused royalty and stream company in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. FNV has a PE ratio of 165. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Franco-Nevada a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Franco-Nevada has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Franco-Nevada has a market cap of $9.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are up 29.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Franco-Nevada as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including premium valuation and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FNV has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 31.32, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, FRANCO-NEVADA CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $63.30 million or 22.71% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 22.71%, FRANCO-NEVADA CORP is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -31.85%.
- You can view the full Franco-Nevada Ratings Report.