Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified FedEx as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FDX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $196.0 million.
- FDX has traded 8,671 shares today.
- FDX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FDX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FDX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on FDX:
FedEx Corporation provides transportation, e-commerce, and business services in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. FDX has a PE ratio of 23.5. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate FedEx a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for FedEx has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. FedEx has a market cap of $48.7 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.55 and a short float of 1% with 2.46 days to cover. Shares are up 19.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates FedEx as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FDX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.31, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, FDX has a quick ratio of 1.53, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 37.25% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 26.81% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, FDX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- FEDEX CORP has improved earnings per share by 37.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FEDEX CORP increased its bottom line by earning $6.79 versus $4.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($9.00 versus $6.79).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Air Freight & Logistics industry average. The net income increased by 23.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $489.00 million to $606.00 million.
- You can view the full FedEx Ratings Report.