Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Evercore Partners as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EVR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.6 million.
- EVR has traded 660,735 shares today.
- EVR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EVR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EVR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on EVR:
Evercore Partners Inc. operates as an independent investment banking advisory firm. The company operates through two segments, Investment Banking and Investment Management. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. EVR has a PE ratio of 36.9. Currently there are no analysts that rate Evercore Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Evercore Partners has been 534,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Evercore has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.81 and a short float of 4.9% with 3.77 days to cover. Shares are up 63.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Evercore Partners as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- EVERCORE PARTNERS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EVERCORE PARTNERS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.86 versus $0.28 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.17 versus $0.86).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 107.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $7.93 million to $16.43 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 76.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 82.10% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, EVERCORE PARTNERS INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Evercore Partners Ratings Report.