Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Endurance Specialty Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ENH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.7 million.
- ENH has traded 1,319 shares today.
- ENH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ENH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ENH NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ENH:
Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd., through its subsidiaries, underwrites specialty lines of personal and commercial property and casualty insurance and reinsurance worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Insurance and Reinsurance. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. ENH has a PE ratio of 9.2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Endurance Specialty Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Endurance Specialty Holdings has been 191,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Endurance Specialty has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.89 and a short float of 1.4% with 3.00 days to cover. Shares are up 2.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Endurance Specialty Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ENH's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.17 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 154.82% to $32.51 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ENDURANCE SPECIALTY HOLDINGS has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 12.10%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ENDURANCE SPECIALTY HOLDINGS has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- ENDURANCE SPECIALTY HOLDINGS's earnings per share declined by 10.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENDURANCE SPECIALTY HOLDINGS increased its bottom line by earning $6.37 versus $2.98 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.60 versus $6.37).
- You can view the full Endurance Specialty Holdings Ratings Report.