Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Celgene as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CELG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $816.9 million.
- CELG has traded 166,963 shares today.
- CELG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CELG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CELG NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on CELG:
Celgene Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes therapies to treat cancer and immune-inflammatory related diseases in the United States and internationally. CELG has a PE ratio of 52.6. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Celgene a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Celgene has been 4.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Celgene has a market cap of $80.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.50 and a short float of 1.5% with 1.50 days to cover. Shares are up 22.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Celgene as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CELGENE CORP has improved earnings per share by 40.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CELGENE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.69 versus $1.65 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.69 versus $1.69).
- CELG's revenue growth trails the industry average of 44.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, CELGENE CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 40.22% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 25.50% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- The gross profit margin for CELGENE CORP is currently very high, coming in at 91.86%. Regardless of CELG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CELG's net profit margin of 25.65% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full Celgene Ratings Report.