Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Biomarin Pharmaceutical as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BMRN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $175.8 million.
- BMRN has traded 20,812 shares today.
- BMRN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BMRN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BMRN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BMRN:
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. develops and commercializes biopharmaceuticals for serious diseases and medical conditions in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and internationally. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Biomarin Pharmaceutical a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Biomarin Pharmaceutical has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Biomarin has a market cap of $14.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.16 and a short float of 3% with 2.38 days to cover. Shares are up 10.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Biomarin Pharmaceutical as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 114.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$53.02 million to $7.45 million.
- BMRN's revenue growth trails the industry average of 41.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 29.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$8.36 million or 11.96% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 11.96%, BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 118.34%.
- BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC reported poor results of -$1.29 versus -$0.95 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.07 versus -$1.29).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Biomarin Pharmaceutical Ratings Report.